Learn how to make this delicious low sodium Chicken Marengo in just 30 minutes. This is a French dish rich with flavor that can be ready quickly with items from your refrigerator and pantry.
This delightful recipe for Chicken Marengo is packed with flavor, very economical, quick and simple to make, and it’s very low in sodium so it works beautifully with a heart-healthy diet. This one-skillet French dish can be ready in about 30-minutes and you probably already have most of the ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry. It has a wine-based sauce that gives it the added flavor dimension that only French cuisine can do. Treat your family to something delicious tonight with this simple 30-minute meal that looks and tastes like a high-end restaurant meal.
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast tenderloins, either whole or cut into 2" chunks
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or 1 tbsp jarred organic chopped garlic)
- 2 tbsp no salt added tomato sauce
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup lower sodium chicken broth
- 1-14.5 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Optional: Rice, noodles, or sour dough bread.
- Heat oil in a large pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Mix flour and seasoning and dredge chicken to lightly cover.
- Cook chicken until juice runs clear, about 3-5 minute on each side, then set aside.
- Cook sliced mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the same pan just until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in wine, chicken broth, and tomato sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low, add chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in butter to melt and serve over rice, noodles, or sour dough bread.
This Low Sodium Chicken Marengo is a very satisfying and flavorful meal that your family will be asking for again and again. They’ll love it for the amazing flavor, and you’ll love it because it’s so simple to make and you know that you are serving them a healthy meal. This French dish is perfect for parties too. Make a large batch to keep in your favorite self-heating pan next to some plated sour dough bread slices. Your party guests will be wondering if you had the whole thing catered.
We hope you love this recipe for Chicken Marengo as much as we do. If you enjoyed this low sodium recipe, be sure to visit our Low Sodium section for more recipes like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!