What’s not to love about this 30-Minute Chicken Fajita Fiesta Skillet recipe? Tender chicken combined with peppers, onions, black beans, corn, and Mexican rice. One skillet, minimal mess, and full of bold flavors!
My name is Teri and I blog at Buy This Cook That; preparing and sharing delicious homemade recipes is what I love. Our favorite recipes are southern classics with a twist. And yes, I consider Mexican-inspired recipes to be Southern.
What’s not to love about this 30-Minute Chicken Fajita Fiesta Skillet recipe? Tender chicken is combined with bright and bold peppers, onions, black beans, and corn. To round out this skillet, we used a shortcut with a pre-packaged, quick-cook Mexican rice. No shame in a shortcut, people!
Plus, this recipe is made in one skillet and will be on your table in 30 minutes or less. You win. Your family wins.
30-Minute Chicken Fajita Fiesta Skillet Recipe
All of your favorite chicken fajita flavors are in this spicy recipe. Plus, we added a few more Tex-Mex ingredients to make this a filling weeknight meal.
What makes this recipe so amazing is how versatile it is. You can give this meal your signature touch by changing out a few basic items.
Bold and Bright: Swap out the green bell peppers for orange and red sweet peppers for an extra pop of color. Instead of corn, go crazy and add chopped fresh tomatillos.
Sassy and Spicy: As long as there are no little mouths at risk, feel free to crank up the spice! Use hot Ro*tel® tomatoes, add chopped jalapeños, and feel the burn.
Protein Pro: If you are eating lean and mean, double the amount of chicken and leave out the rice. Adjust your seasonings as needed.
If you love this quick dish, check out more of our fast and fun recipes here:
This filling and delicious Chicken Fajita Fiesta Skillet recipe is a sure-fire hit. I could eat it every week. Everyone will wonder what your secret spices are and how you made a meal so yummy in just a few minutes.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced into small wedges
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 15-oz can kernel corn, drained
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10-oz can Mexican-Style Ro•tel® Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 5.3-oz (or approximate) package of quick-cook Mexican rice
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Combine the chicken and all spices; stir well to coat all of the chicken with the spices. Heat oil in a large skillet over medim-high heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, add the spiced chicken. Cook quickly, stirring frequently until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add the sliced peppers and onions, stirring and cooking for 5 minutes until they start to get tender.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes, water, rice, salsa, corn, and beans. Increase heat to high until the mixture is a low boil. Stir frequently.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Let stand before serving.
Home Chef Tip #1: To make sure your recipe is easy to put together, have all of your ingredients prepared and ready to go.
Home Chef Tip #2: Get your skillet nice and hot to get a nice brown on the chicken, peppers, and onions. This adds flavor!
Home Chef Tip #3: The seasonings already in the Ro*tel®, the salsa, and Mexican rice blend makes this recipe super easy. You probably will not have to add extra seasoning, use your discretion.
Home Chef Tip #4: This recipe tastes even better the next day (if there are any leftovers). Pack this for work for a fast and filling lunch. Everyone will be jealous.
Home Chef Tip #5: Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped green onions, and sour cream to make this meal even more delicious.
We hope you love this 30-Minute Chicken Fajita Fiesta Skillet recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Teri from Buy This, Cook That, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our One Pan Meals section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!