This Cherry Limeade Slush Drink recipe is perfect for summertime. Its high ice content keeps it cold for a very long time, the kids love the flavor, and it’s so easy to make.
With the kids out of school and at home for the summer, we love to come up with fun recipes that they can help make and that they’ll enjoy eating or drinking. This recipe for Cherry Limeade Slush is a real winner for all of the above reasons, plus it stays incredibly cold for a super long time because of the high ice content which makes it even more perfect for summertime. This sweet and tangy treat is half drink, half dessert. It gets its sweet flavor from Cherry Kool-Aid Liquid, a tangy twist from freshly squeezed lime juice, and a little fizz from a bubbly soda. Your kids are going to love this summer drink, and we’re pretty certain you’re going to want to have a glass or two yourself.
The chilly, clumpy ice in this drink is as flavorful as the drink itself because all of the ingredients are mixed in the blender. As the ice melts, it just continues to enhance the flavors of the drink while it keeps this delicious summertime treat cold and never watered down.
- 4 cups ice
- 2 cups Sprite
- 2 limes (1 for drink recipe and 1 for garnish)
- 2 large squeezes of Cherry Kool-Aid Liquid (found with the water enhancers at your grocery store)
- In a blender, pour ice, Sprite, juice of one lime, and Cherry Kool-Aid Liquid.
- Pulse about 10 times to break down the ice.
- Blend on a low setting for about 5 minutes until ice is still somewhat clumpy, but completely crushed down.
- Garnish with lime slices, and serve with a straw and a spoon.
We hope you and your kids enjoy this recipe for Cherry Limeade Slush as much as we do. If you love this summertime drink, be sure to visit our Drinks Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!