These simple Cherry Lemonade Ice Pops are sure to be a hit at your house this summer. Homemade cherry lemonade made using fresh fruit and simple syrup freezes up quickly to make the perfect summertime treat!
Homemade Cherry Lemonade Ice Pops
Nothing is as refreshing as lemonade during the summertime, except possibly these homemade Cherry Lemonade Ice Pops. This sweet treat is perfect for hot summer days when the kids want to cool down, but you don’t want to give them treats that are high in sugar and preservatives. We love making homemade lemonade in all sorts of flavor combinations using fresh lemons, fruits and berries, and homemade simple syrup. Making the lemonade at home ensures that you get a refreshing drink without a lot of sugar, and fresh seasonal fruit in every glass. When you make a huge batch, it’s simple to just pour some of the lemonade into ice pop molds, freeze for a few hours, and serve as a healthier dessert option for the kids and adults that’s perfect for summertime!
These Cherry Lemonade Ice Pops are a great way to get your picky little eaters to consume fresh fruit daily. Ready in no time, the hardest part about this recipe is waiting for the pops to freeze! Get creative with the flavor combinations using any other fruit you may have on hand and you’ll always have a cool snack for the kids to enjoy all summer long.
Home Chef Tip: To ensure that you're lemons are easy to juice, roll them on the countertop until softened.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh cherries, cut in half, pit removed
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (7-8 large lemons)
- 5 cups water
- Ice pop molds
- In a medium pan over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 cup water and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add 1 cup cherries cut in half, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until cherries break down; about 4-5 minutes.
- Strain juice, pour into a pitcher, set aside, and let cool.
- Juice 7-8 fresh, large lemons to equal 2 cups of lemon juice.
- Add the juice to the pitcher with the simple syrup.
- Pour 4 cups of water into the pitcher, and stir to combine ingredients.
- Serve over ice.
- Pour the fresh lemonade into the ice pop mold.
- Insert sticks.
- Place flat in the freezer until completely frozen; about 4 hours.
We hope you love this recipe for Cherry Lemonade Ice Pops as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it and subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss another tasty recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our members are sharing. Enjoy!