These 30-minute Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders are a great on-the-go breakfast or breakfast menu item for Sunday brunch. A satisfyingly simple, make-ahead breakfast that’s sure to please!
Let’s just be honest. Most dads don’t have a clue what we’re doing. We can survive and keep the kids alive, but we are forever grateful to our partners to help us do most of the work. Now, here in our house, we both know that I’m the better cook. Just being honest. However, I have to relinquish my superior cooking skills because I’m not home in time many nights. Larisha, my fiancé, loves making sliders for dinner. We’ve had some really delicious ones like Honey Mustard Turkey and Bacon Sliders, BBQ Chicken Sliders, and Meatball Sliders. They are super easy to make and don’t take a lot of time which is great for our busy lives.
Breakfast sliders are so versatile!
I decided to take the same concept that we love for dinner and flip it into an easy and delicious breakfast idea with these simple Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders. I took slider buns and layered them with cheese, eggs, and sausage patties. Just like with dinner sliders, there are endless options that you can do with breakfast sliders. The possibilities are left up to your imagination!
A Make-Ahead Breakfast that’s great on the go!
One of the best parts about these Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders is that you can make them ahead of time, store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator, and eat them throughout the week. You can even make a huge batch during weekly meal prep and freeze them if you want. Whether you need a quick on-the-go breakfast during the school season or you need to make sure you get to summer camp on time, these easy breakfast sliders will be your new go-to breakfast solution. Using pre-made sausage patties is key to making this recipe simple, quick, and delicious!
- 12 slider buns
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 12 [small sausage patties, cooked
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese, quartered
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 6"x9" baking sheet.
- Place beaten eggs on greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until eggs have set.
- While the eggs bake, cook your sausage patties on the stovetop.
- Remove eggs from oven and let cool slightly. Cut into 12 even squares.
- Slice each of the slider buns in half.
- Place a quarter cheddar cheese on the bottom.
- Then layer a sausage patty, an egg square, and a quarter mozzarella cheese.
- Place top of slider bun on top.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush melted butter on top of sliders.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown.
Home Chef Tip: Swap the sausage for bacon and use Swiss and Monterrey Jack cheeses instead for a totally different breakfast combo.
Want even more slider ideas? You’ll love all of these!
- Meatball Sliders
- Hawaiian Pizza Sliders
- Cilantro Citrus Aioli Cuban Sliders
- BBQ Apple Cheddar Sliders
We hope you enjoy these Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders from SoFabFood Home Chef, Andrew from We’re Parents, as much as we do. If you love this simple recipe, be sure to visit our Breakfast Section for more like it. Enjoy!