The California Sushi Roll which is made inside-out using imitation crab meat, cucumber, and avocado, is perfect for those who are leery of eating raw fish. Simple to make and the perfect light meal or party appetizer.
If you’ve always wanted to try sushi, but you steer clear because you’re afraid of consuming raw fish, you really need to try this California Sushi Roll recipe. A California Sushi Roll is Inside Out Sushi using imitation crab meat, avocado, and cucumber. Using imitation crab makes this recipe really simple and a lot more affordable than traditional sushi recipes. Sushi can cost a pretty penny at the grocery store, so making your own is a huge money saver.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sheets nori seaweed sheets
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 pieces imitation crab legs
- ½ (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- Fresh Ginger
- Wasabi Sauce
- Make the Sushi Rice according to directions on package, then place a damp cloth over rice so it does not dry out.
- Lay down the nori roll and add the rice.
- Mix the cream cheese with the minced ginger.
- Spread a tablespoon of the cream cheese over the rice.
- Top the rice with crab legs along with the cucumber and avocado pieces.
- Now you roll: As you roll you will pull back on the mat so it does not roll into the sushi roll.
- When you get to the end of the roll, give it a good squeeze so it doesn't fall apart when cut.
- Slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Garnish with fresh seaweed.
We hope you love this recipe for California Sushi Roll as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!