This Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bread will be the highlight at your next tailgate party. A creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip served up neatly in a bread vessel for a show-stopping appetizer everyone will love!
Hey guys, it’s Jackie from TheSeasideBaker.com. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite tailgating recipes, Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bread.
While I am not a huge fan of football, I do look forward to the season every year. After a busy summer of going here and there, I look forward to lazy Sundays at home. When football is in season, the kids and I know that we will be home watching the game with my husband no matter what.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bread: A Tailgate Appetizer
I take the opportunity each week to make a fun dish to snack on. Sundays are our cheat days, so we usually have something extra cheesy. This dish is no exception. With three different kinds of cheese – cheddar, mozzarella, and blue cheese – there is no lack of flavor. Combine that with some chicken, buffalo sauce, and some crispy french bread, and you have a winning appetizer!
Since most of football season is really hot here in Southern California, I tend to make this on the grill. No point in warming up the house even more, right? I like to wrap it loosely in foil and place it directly on the hot grill and sit back and relax while it cooks.
I find this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bread a lot quicker to make when using a rotisserie chicken. I simply microwave it for a minutes, then the meat is really easy to take off of the bones and shred. All in all, this delicious appetizer came together extremely quickly and was loved by everyone!
This tailgate appetizer is a must make for your next football viewing party, and should definitely be saved for the big game! Enjoy, friends!
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Ranch or Blue cheese dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 350ºF or heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut out an oblong hole from the top of the loaf of bread.
- Scoop out the bread, ensuring you don’t pierce the bottom of the loaf.
- Place bread on a baking tray.
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, ranch, buffalo sauce, and spices until smooth.
- Add chicken, herbs, blue cheese, and 1/2 cup each of cheddar and mozzarella.
- Pour mixture into bread and top with remaining cheese.
- Wrap lightly in foil if placing on the grill.
- Bake or grill until cheese is bubbly and slightly golden on top, about 30 minutes in the oven and 20 minutes on the grill.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Home Chef Tip: Use warm rotisserie chicken to easily shred and make this dish quickly.
We hope you love this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bread from SoFabFood Home Chef, Jacqueline from The Seaside Baker, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our Appetizer Section to find more like it for all of your tailgate parties this year. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!