Learn how to make this Bowtie Pasta Salad with Red Wine Marinade as an amazing side dish to brighten up your plate. Made with peppers, onions, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese, this unique taste sensation is sure to please!
This Colorful Bowtie Pasta Salad with Red Wine Marinade is simple to make with this step-by-step recipe and helpful tips. With this simple recipe, you just mix bow tie pasta, peppers, onions, asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes, prepare the red wine marinade, and then top with feta cheese. It’s that simple! It’s the perfect recipe for a party, shower, or just as a side dish to complement your entrée!
To help make this recipe even simpler, here is a helpful tip on how to blanch asparagus:
- Remove the woody ends from the asparagus, gently bend the end of each spear until it snaps naturally.
- Add to a pan of boiling water. A frying pan is best as the spears will fit easily.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green; immediately run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
This side dish pairs perfectly with chicken, fish, and so much more. It’s so delicious and satisfying, it’s actually the perfect meatless meal paired with some bread for lunch or dinner!
- For the Pasta Salad
- 1 lb box bowtie pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut and blanched
- 8 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced thin
- For the Red Wine Marinade
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2½ - 3 cups sugar
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Drain, cool, and set aside.
- Cook asparagus for 2 minutes in boiling water, drain, and cool.
- Toss bell peppers, onion, asparagus, Feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes in with pasta.
- Toss with olive oil and red wine marinade. Serve at room temperature.
- Red wine marinade:
- Place ingredients in sauce pan, bring to a boil, stirring often, and let cool.
- Note: use as much red wine marinade as desired on the pasta. Store in plastic container or glass jar and refrigerate and save for later!.
We hope you enjoy this simple and delicious Colorful Bowtie Pasta Salad recipe as much as we do. If you love this flavorful recipe, be sure to visit our Side Dish section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!