Learn how to make this refreshing and delicious Homemade Blueberry Lemonade with fresh blueberries and lemons. Making the blueberry simple syrup is ridiculously easy and it takes your favorite lemonade recipe to a whole new level!
Refreshing Blueberry Lemonade + How to make simple syrup
This Homemade Blueberry Lemonade with blueberry simple syrup is a refreshing summer drink that your whole family will love. Making the simple syrup is so easy and it really takes your favorite summertime beverage to a new level of delicious. It only takes four ingredients and very little time to serve up this seasonal refresher. Perfect for parties or just as a dinnertime treat, this will soon become a staple in your refrigerator. You can follow the recipe below and substitute whatever seasonal berries you happen to have on hand.
To make this summertime beverage for an adult-only party, add one ounce of blueberry vodka per cup to your pitcher before serving!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries + some for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (5-6 large lemons) + slices for garnish (optional)
- 6 cups water
- In a medium pan over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 cup water and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add 1 cup blueberries, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until blueberries break down; about 4-5 minutes.
- Strain juice, pour into a pitcher, set aside, and let cool.
- Juice 5-6 fresh, large lemons to equal 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Add the juice to the pitcher with the simple syrup.
- Pour 5 cups of water into the pitcher, and stir to combine ingredients.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and lemon slices (optional).
Home Chef Tip: Follow the recipe for simple syrup with any seasonal berries to change the flavor combination!
If you love this lemonade recipe, you might like some of our other lemonade recipes too!
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade Virgin Mojito
- Mixed Berry Lemonade Sparkler Mocktail
- Strawberry Lemonade with Strawberry Simple Syrup
We hope you enjoy this Homemade Blueberry Lemonade as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Drinks Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!