These Blueberry Coconut Chocolate Cups require no baking and they’re as blissful to look at as they are to eat. You only need four ingredients, and a little bit of time, and you have a chocolatey treat with a superfood center!
No Bake Blueberry Coconut Chocolate Cups
Decadent milk chocolate surrounds a superfood filling of blended blueberries and coconut to create these unique Blueberry Coconut Chocolate Cups that contains real, fresh fruit. We’re not saying that this is a “healthy” snack, but it is a great way to get picky little eaters to eat some fruit that they otherwise probably wouldn’t touch. Kids and adults alike will love these tasty treats and the best part is, they’re very simple to make with no baking required!
We chose the ingredients wisely for this recipe because we wanted an alternative to our favorite homemade peanut butter cups that had less sugar and offered some fresh fruit to make them a little bit lighter and healthier. We chose blueberries and coconut because the flavors pair nicely together and both house some pretty incredible health benefits.
- Blueberries, in raw form like we used in this recipe, have very high levels of antioxidants that your body needs to function optimally.
- Coconut Meat and Coconut Oil were both used in this recipe because coconut offers many healthy benefits including, but not limited to, helping to lower cholesterol levels, benefits to oral health, and boosting the immune system.
These beautiful treats can’t be considered health food for sure, but they can be a healthier alternative when you’re craving a sweet treat!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup unsweet coconut flakes or raw coconut meat
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp coconut oil, separated
- 1-12oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (or melting chocolate or substitute of your choice)
- Line standard cupcake tin with foil liners - you can use paper, but foil works the best with chocolate. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend blueberries, coconut, and 1 tbsp coconut oil to a paste consistency. This will take awhile and you will need to scrape down the sides a few times. If it's not creamy enough, add a little more coconut oil. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate over low heat with 1 tbsp coconut oil until creamy consistency.
- Pour 1 tbsp chocolate in the bottom of the tins, add 1 tbsp fruit mixture, top with enough chocolate to cover.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hour until set.
- Store uneaten chocolate fruit cups in the refrigerator.
For this recipe, we chose to make the cups layered, but the center is very creamy so will ooze out of the sides if not cold enough. You can freeze before serving to stop that, or you can paint the cups, including the sides, with chocolate prior to pouring in the fruit center and covering with another layer of chocolate.
We hope you love this recipe for Blueberry Coconut Chocolate Cups as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!