Make the best Baked Sticky Honey BBQ Chicken Wings when you follow this simple recipe. Chicken wings covered in a homemade honey BBQ sauce, then baked to perfection. Ditch traditional greasy chicken wings for this healthier, low sodium version instead.
Low Sodium, Baked Sticky Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
Love chicken wings, but you’re trying to watch your sodium and fat intake? Ditch traditional high sodium sauces on greasy wings when you make these Baked Sticky Honey BBQ Chicken Wings instead. Crispy, sticky, messy, and everything else you’ve grown to love over the years in a chicken wing, but much healthier. These wings are slathered in a homemade honey BBQ sauce then baked to a crispy perfection for wings all of your party guests will be requesting every time they stop by. These wings do take about an hour to bake, but the no-fuss prep time is minimal so this is a simple party appetizer or weeknight dinner to prepare anytime.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup no salt ketchup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Blend
- 1 cup Stubb's® Spicy BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place thawed chicken wings in a single layer in a clear 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, remove from oven, drain excess fat, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix avocado oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, seasoning blend, and BBQ sauce to blend into a creamy sauce.
- Cover wings with sauce, flip and cover the other side.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes until sauce has somewhat caramelized and wings are cooked thoroughly.
We hope you love these Lower Sodium Baked Sticky Honey BBQ Chicken Wings as much as we do. If you love this simple recipe, stop by our Appetizer Section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!