Very Berry Coconut Cream Cheese Trifle is an easy-peasy dessert that’s filled with a mix of lush berries, coconut milk, cream cheese, and almonds. It tastes absolutely amazing and can be made a day in advance.
Hello Everyone, I’m Molly from Easy Cooking with Molly and I’m so excited to share my first recipe as a SoFabFood Contributor. Winter is a season of comfort food and dessert recipes. No matter how many you have, there’s ALWAYS space for one more recipe. Do you have a favorite dessert? Something that you enjoy eating by yourself or sharing with friends and family? I have one such recipe and that’s a trifle. Now, there are tons of trifle recipes around, however, this particular one is my favorite and I have made it a number of times with great success. Every time it’s made, it goes off so quickly that I’ve never had a chance to keep an extra serving saved for myself. This Very Berry Coconut Cream Cheese Trifle combines plain cake, lots of fresh berries, coconut milk (that’s a game changer in this recipe), regular/light cream cheese, all topped with some chopped almonds (optional).
The combination of coconut milk and berries gives such an amazing texture and taste to the trifle that every bite just melts in your mouth. To enhance the taste further, I’ve mixed a part of coconut milk with cream-cheese, which is then whisked to form this light, fluffy, cloud-like cream that’s added as layers in between. This recipe is a favorite of all age groups and can be served with any kind of meal. We love making it at our home and hope you’ll love it too.
~ Make – Enjoy – Share ~
- 1 Packet Yellow Cake Mix - you can use plain or vanilla
- ½ Cup Fresh Strawberry+Raspberry Mix
- 1.5 Cups Coconut Milk - use any full-fat, canned coconut milk
- 1 Package Lite Cream Cheese - you may use regular - room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- For Decoration:
- Few Fresh Raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Thinly Chopped Almonds - optional
- Piping Bag with Star Tip - optional
- Bake the yellow cake as per package instructions.
- Once the cake is baked, let it cool completely.
- Add ½ cup coconut milk and cream cheese in a large bowl and whisk together until soft peaks are formed, about 2 minutes.
- Fill the whisked cream in piping bag and refrigerate for 2 minutes.
- Crumble the cooled cake and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the fresh berries, add coconut milk and whisk for a minute.
- Assemble the Trifle:
- In a glass jar/cup/bowl, place a spoonful of berry mixture and spread evenly as the the bottom layer.
- Top it with a thin/thick layer of crumbled cake.
- Now evenly pipe the cream-cheese mix over the cake, completely covering it.
- Using the same piping bag, make star shapes or any other shape of choice.
- Place a fresh raspberry in the center and sprinkle some chopped almonds.
- Complete the steps above until all the trifle cups/bowls are completed.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for serving later.
We hope you love this simple Very Berry Coconut Cream Trifle recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Molly from Easy Cooking with Molly, as much as we do. If you liked this simple dessert, be sure to stop by our desserts section for even more like it. For more recipe inspiration, visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic dessert recipes there too. Enjoy!