You will love the refreshing flavor combination in this make-at-home Berry Citrus Spa Water Detox. Stay hydrated while you enjoy the many health benefits of the fresh fruits in this fancy drink!
We all know that it’s extremely important to drink plenty of water each day for overall health, but sometimes the bland flavor of plain water gets boring and we often deviate from our hydration goals. Combat that problem and stay hydrated all day while you sip on this extremely healthy and flavorful Berry Citrus Spa Water Detox. This fancy drink not only allows you to get your water intake for the day, it also gives you added nutrients from fresh blackberries, grapefruit, and lemons.
Berry Citrus Spa Water Detox Recipe
So why this flavor combination? All of the natural ingredients in this flavored water have health benefits you should be reaping while you hydrate.
- Blackberries not only taste delicious, they are incredibly good for you. They are rich in Vitamin C, have a high level of antioxidants, help promote tightening of the skin, help regulate the digestive system, and the Vitamin K levels can actually help alleviate menstrual cramping.
- Grapefruit boosts metabolism, is high in Vitamin C so it’s great for your immune system, and it is super for your skin.
- Lemons help to alkalize your body, promote weight loss, can help with anxiety issues, boost your immune system, and destroy bacteria.
That’s a winning combination! What are you waiting for? You need to try this drink today!
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1 large lemon
- 64-oz filtered water
- In a small pan, boil 2 cups filtered water. When the water comes to a boil, add one cup of fresh blackberries and steep until the blackberry juice releases; about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Rough cut or slice your grapefruit and lemon and place the fruit into a 96-ounce container, then add your blackberries.
- Strain your blackberry water into the container, then fill the container the rest of the way with filtered water.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight, at least 8 hours, then drink and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: You can skip the blackberry steeping part of the recipe, but we don't recommend it because it adds such a natural, sweet flavor to the drink.
We hope you enjoy this Berry Citrus Spa Water Detox as much as we do, both for effectiveness and flavor. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Drinks Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.