Enhance your life when you learn these five surprising health benefits Dragon Fruit delivers. This strange-looking, tropical fruit tastes pretty amazing and has health benefits you should be reaping today.
This tropical superfood packs a mighty punch, and you will love the health benefits Dragon Fruit delivers. Dragon fruit is a cactus plant, and its green and reddish-pink hues mean the fruit is full of nutrients. The creamy white flesh, spotted with black seeds, gives way to many rich and natural properties.
5 Health Benefits Dragon Fruit Delivers
- Immune System Health – The high levels of vitamin C found in dragon fruit can give the body’s immune system a boost, while also stimulating the activity of other antioxidants.
- Aids in Digestion – Dragon fruit has a high amount of fiber which helps with poor digestion and constipation. Eating the flesh and seeds, which contain protein, will keep your body fortified and satisfied. Best of all, it keeps things moving through your system.
- Cancer Prevention – Dragon fruit contains carotene which is linked to several anti-carcinogenic qualities.
- Cardiovascular Health – This exotic fruit is also a good source of monosaturated fats which help to keep our heart in good condition. They contain no cholesterol and almost no unhealthy, cholesterol-producing fats.
- Blood Sugar Regulation – This fancy fruit will help to lower blood glucose levels in those with Type 2 Diabetes. Studies also suggest that the glucose found in dragon fruit aids in controlling the blood sugar level for diabetics.
We hope you find these health benefits of Dragon Fruit useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.