This simple Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts recipe delivers a flavorful weeknight meal without a lot of fuss. The mustard and honey blend coating infuses its sweet and spicy flavors into the chicken for a moist and flavorful protein option your whole family will love!
Simple and delicious Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts
A robust blend of mustards with some honey gives this recipe for Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts a delightful sweet and spicy flavor that will tantalize the taste buds. These moist and tender chicken breasts are ready in about 40 minutes making them perfect for busy weeknight meals paired with sweet carrots, green beans, potatoes, or just served over rice. Easy to prepare, no fuss baking, and simply delicious, this dish is sure to become a new family favorite!
Each bite of this savory chicken is so tender and flavorful because while the chicken is baking, the sweet and spicy flavor combination infuses itself into the meat. Using thinly sliced chicken breasts that you can find at most grocery stores ensures that this dish is on the dinner table in no time. You’ll want to make a big batch because this delectable protein source is great for cutting up the next day to be served on your lunch salad with your favorite honey mustard dressing!
- 2 lbs thinly sliced chicken breasts (roughly 6 pieces)
- 1/4 cup grainy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2/3 cup organic or local honey
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large baking dish with cover, spread oil on the bottom, scatter diced onion and minced garlic.
- Mix the wet ingredients together and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer over the onions and cover with honey mustard sauce.
- Cover dish and bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
Home Chef Tip: If you cannot find thinly sliced chicken breasts, use standard breasts and increase uncovered cooking time by 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness.
We hope you love this easy recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our Chicken section for more recipes like it to make weeknights simpler and more delicious. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!