Deliciously moist Baked Banana Bread Doughnuts dipped in a milk chocolate glaze. The perfect breakfast or snack for Mom on Mother’s Day!
Baked Banana Bread Doughnuts with Milk Chocolate Glaze
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I bring you the perfect breakfast/snack to treat Mom – Banana Bread Doughnuts with Milk Chocolate Glaze. What could be better than chocolate for breakfast? These doughnuts are also BAKED, not fried – bonus!
These doughnuts are super moist from the banana, buttermilk, and vegetable oil used in this recipe. Using vegetable oil instead of butter means no creaming method required, and no mixer required; making these doughnuts so quick and easy to throw together. Simply mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl, and mix together the wet ingredients in another. Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together, and spoon the batter into a doughnut pan. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, allow to cool, then dip each doughnut into the milk chocolate glaze.
For the milk chocolate glaze, simply heat up the heavy cream until very hot. Pour over the milk chocolate chips, and leave for about 5 minutes. Stir together until smooth and combined, then whisk in the vanilla extract. Deliciously smooth and silky milk chocolate glaze ready to top each doughnut!
This recipe makes about 12 doughnuts, meaning you can help Mom eat them all…if she will let you. These doughnuts taste best on the day they are made, but you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. You can also freeze unglazed doughnuts for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then top them with glaze.
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (120ml) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large banana, mashed
- ½ cup (100g) milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup (115ml) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Grease a doughnut pan, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and mashed banana until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix. Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan, and bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Microwave the heavy cream until very hot, but not boiling.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate and leave for 5 minutes. Whisk the chocolate and cream together until smooth and combined. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Dip each doughnut into the glaze, and leave to set on the wire rack.
If you’re looking for a breakfast that tastes (and looks) like dessert, then these Baked Banana Bread Doughnuts are for you. Trust me, you’ll want to make these again and again. Enjoy!
We hope you love these Baked Banana Bread Doughnuts with Milk Chocolate Glaze from SoFabFood Contributor, Marsha from Marsha’s Baking Addiction, as much as we do. If you like this breakfast idea, visit our Breakfast section for more great breakfast ideas. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible breakfast food inspiration. Enjoy!