Enjoy the powerful health benefits of almonds while you savor the remarkable flavors of these Baked Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders. Almonds offer many health benefits that you should be enjoying today!
We shared with you the importance of meal prep earlier in the year for those of you who with busy lifestyles who are interested in eating healthier this year. An easy way to guarantee you get a sufficient amount of daily protein is to cook a large batch of chicken tenderloins ahead of time to use throughout the week. They are great for lunch wraps, salads, rice bowls, and more. We love these simple Baked Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders because not only are you getting a good amount of protein, but you’re also reaping the health benefits of almonds.
Health Benefits of Almonds
- One ounce of almonds provides 80 milligrams of magnesium which is 20% of the recommended daily value.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E, calcium, and potassium. Additionally, almonds are a significant source of protein and fiber while being naturally low in sugar.
- According to the FDA, eating 1.5 ounces a day of most nuts, like almonds, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Healthier weight – Studies show that when dieters eat almonds daily, they are less likely to over consume carbohydrates, and more likely to reach and maintain a healthier body weight.
- Almonds may also promote gastrointestinal health and even combat diabetes. The high fiber content of almonds gives them prebiotic properties, which contribute to a healthier gastrointestinal tract.
Baked Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 lb fresh chicken tenders
- 2 cups no-salt added almonds (ground)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Ground almonds in a food processor.
- Mix almonds and dry ingredients together in a shallow baking dish.
- Dip each chicken tender in the almond milk.
- Coat each piece in the ground or crushed almonds.
- Place on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Spray the tenderloins with cooking spray.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, or until no longer pink.
Home Chef Tip: Create new flavors by adding different spices to the crushed almonds. Separate your chicken into air-tight containers and store in the refrigerator to meal prep for lunches.
We hope you find this information on the health benefits of almonds helpful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. For more articles like this, be sure to stop by our Healthy Food Tips section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.