Give your favorite pasta dish a healthy makeover when you prepare this Avocado Alfredo Zoodle Primavera recipe with zucchini noodles, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and summer squash all smothered in a creamy Avocado Alfredo Sauce. Grab the recipe card or watch the video!
Avocado Alfredo Zoodle Primavera Recipe
If I were on a deserted island somewhere and could only take one food item with me, I’d take pasta. It’s comforting, silky, satiating, and just utterly delicious, and I really would love to eat it at every single meal. Though I never feel guilty for eating pasta, I do feel I need to keep some variety in my diet – and veggies – so I like to trade it up once in a while with zucchini noodles! Zoodles are so fun and easy to make, and if I swap in half zucchini noodles, I really don’t feel deprived at all.
One of my favorite pasta dishes in pasta primavera, and for this rendition, I’m using broccoli, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and summer squash (so much summer squash in my garden right now!). I’m also swapping out cream sauce for Avocado Alfredo, which still has all the Parmesan deliciousness, but with three creamy avocados and a handful of fresh herbs. It’s literally so good, you’ll want to put it on everything.
Want to make this delicious 30-minute meal yourself? Watch the step-by-step video or grab the printable recipe card below. This delightful dish needs to be in your weekly meal rotation this fall!
- 3 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¾ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced or sliced
- ½ pt cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 2 small zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cups cooked whole grain spaghetti
- Dash coarse salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves or micro-greens
- Place Avocado Alfredo ingredients in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium heat. Add broccoli, bell pepper, and tomatoes and sauté 2-3 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Stir in yellow squash and zucchini noodles and sauté an additional minute, until slightly soft. Stir in spaghetti and season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour Avocado Alfredo and Parmesan into the vegetables and toss to combine, stirring until Parmesan is melted.
- Serve in bowls with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh oregano or micro-greens.
Home Chef Tip: To lower the carb count, just omit the traditional pasta and use all zoodles instead.
We hope you love this simple Avocado Alfredo Zoodle Primavera recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Julie from The Gourmet RD, as much as we do. If you love this healthier classic, be sure to check out our other dinner recipes for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!