These Harvest Fresh Apple Carrot Muffins are the perfect recipe for apple season: moist, filled with flavor, and so easy to make. Move over pumpkin spiced everything, there’s a new fall flavor combo in town!
Hi there – it’s Fiona stopping in from Just So Tasty and today I’m sharing this recipe for Apple Carrot Muffins that are perfect for fall.
I always love fall because it’s the perfect excuse to get back into the kitchen. The temperatures are a little cooler, everyone starts to settle back into a routine, and there’s so much delicious fall produce to cook with. If you’re looking for a fall recipe with something other than pumpkin, then these apple carrot muffins are just the thing.
Harvest Fresh Apple Carrot Muffins
They’re filled with flavor thanks to grated apples, carrots, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. If you love carrot cake, spice cake, or apple cake – then you’ll love the flavor of these muffins.
For these apple carrot muffins, I recommend using a sweet apple such as galas, pink lady, fuji, or honey crisp. I used galas and loved the flavor.
They have the perfect muffin texture that’s moist, fluffy, and perfectly soft because of a few key ingredients:
- Oil for moisture,
- Two eggs for tenderness,
- And a little milk to keep them light.
What you’ll also love about this recipe is that there’s no mixer involved. First we whisk together the dry ingredients. Then in a separate bowl, the oil, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and milk are whisked together. The dry ingredients are then folded into the wet ingredients, and finally the grated apple and grated carrot are stirred in.
When making muffins, it’s important not to mix the batter too much, otherwise muffins can become tough. The muffins will bake for 15-18 minutes, and then they’re ready to enjoy.
These Harvest Fresh Apple Carrot Muffins are the perfect recipe for apple season: moist, filled with flavor, and so easy to make.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or canola)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup grated apple (such as gala, fuji, or honey crisp)
- 1 1/4 cup grated carrot
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the the oil mixture. Then fold in the grated apple and carrot.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Home Chef Tip: You can also add in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or raisins.
We hope you love these Apple Carrot Muffins from SoFabFood Home Chef, Fiona from Just So Tasty, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our breakfast section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram. Enjoy!