Food processors can slice, chop, blend, and shred ingredients, cutting down on prep and clean up time in the kitchen. Here are 7 Genius Food Processor Kitchen Hacks and ideas to save time, money, make your life easier!
I have always loved using a food processor. It makes it easy to prepare so many different foods and eliminates me having to stand in the kitchen chopping vegetables forever. When I was single, I had a 4-cup mini food processor that made just the right amount of salsa for Taco Tuesdays. When Houston and I got married, we received a 7-cup Cuisinart® Pro Classic Food Processor as a wedding gift and I use it daily cooking for our family.
Save time and save money with your food processor!
I love keeping things simple in the kitchen. This working mama doesn’t have time to spend hours cooking and then doing dishes. I am all about using my food processor to cut down on chopping, mixing, and cleanup time. In the past, I would be endlessly cleaning knives, cutting boards, bowls, etc. from making dinner. Now I just use the food processor and have only one thing to clean after dinner.
7 Genius Food Processor Kitchen Hacks and Ideas:
- Crush candy or cookies for ice cream, pies, and other desserts. Making a graham cracker pie crust is a breeze when you use a food processor to chop up your ingredients. See how I used crushed graham crackers on these s’mores pie pops.
- A small batch of mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash. Use the “chop” function and pulse to keep lumps in your potatoes or hold the lever down for creamy ones.
- Finely chop browned ground beef for pasta dishes. I like to brown my meat on the stovetop and then add it, one cup at a time, to my food processor with a couple of pulses. It is perfect for spaghetti or lasagna. Just don’t go too hard with the pulsing or you will have to make meatloaf instead.
- Homemade salsa. My weekly must-have in our fridge that I make in my food processor in under 5 minutes.
- Chop nuts. Great for salads, desserts, or just snacks.
- Make ice cream. Thick and creamy ice cream is easy to make.
- Homemade baby food. Steam vegetables and then purée in a food processor.
I love being able to throw ingredients in my food processor and make it do all the work. We make salsa weekly and I throw cubed onion, tomato, and cilantro right in and blend it up!
We hope you find these genius food processor kitchen hacks from SoFabFood Home Chef, Elise from Polka Dotted Blue Jay, helpful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. For daily recipe inspiration and more healthful tips and tricks, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!