If you’re looking for a simple way to look amazing in 2016, you need to read these 5 Ways to Use Honey to Look Fabulous right now. From hair care, to skin care, to overall well being, we have you covered.
Honey is loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, and healing compounds. There are so many ways to use this natural ingredient from bees. A tablespoon of raw honey contains 64 calories, is fat-free, cholesterol-free, and sodium-free. Its composition is roughly 80 percent carbohydrates, 18 percent water, and two percent vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
Here are our favorite healthy benefits of using honey on a daily basis:
- Sleep Aid – Honey can be a health aid for sleepless nights. Similar to sugar, honey can cause a rise in insulin and release serotonin — a neurotransmitter that improves mood and happiness. Getting enough sleep is a huge factor on how beautiful you look in the morning.
- Skin Saving Benefits – Use honey on acne-prone skin. Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s awesome for acne treatment and prevention. Instead of putting an acne medication on your pimple, put a dab of honey on your finger and apply a thin layer over the pimple and sleep with it on overnight. Wash off with warm water in the morning.
- Natural Energy Booster – Honey is composed of a unique carbohydrate composition of natural sugars and trace amounts of antioxidants, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. Add a tablespoon of honey to 8 ounces of water for a budget-friendly energy drink.
- Promotes Healing – Honey can help promote healing and prevent infection due to its natural antimicrobial properties. According to the New Zealand Dermatological Society, the chemical makeup of honey, largely sugars, has what is described as “high osmolality.” High osmolality when referring to honey means that the sugars interact with water in such a way that microorganisms cannot develop.
- Beautiful Hair – Honey is an emollient which means it is a natural softener. This makes it a great hair conditioner that leaves your hair smooth. Honey also improves the health of the hair follicles which are responsible for hair growth.
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Place honey and coconut oil in a microwavable small bowl.
- Microwave for two minutes.
- Let cool just a bit.
- Apply generously from top to bottom, focusing on your ends where most damage occurs.
- Wrap your hair with plastic wrap, then wrap in a towel.
- Let the mask soak in for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse the mask out of the hair then wash as you normally do, and condition it.
We hope you benefit from this list of the 5 Ways to Use Honey to Look Fabulous as much as we do. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Food and Fitness section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.