Mouthwatering, super easy, and loved by all, this 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Brisket is the recipe you need for simple holiday entertaining this season!
Cooking during the holiday season can sometimes feel overwhelming. You want to impress and wow your guests, but there is so much to get done, and not just in the kitchen! That’s why I like to use my slow cooker as much as possible when entertaining. I can always count on a mouthwatering meal and it makes my whole house smell fabulous.
This 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Brisket is a recipe I pull out often, especially on Christmas Eve. I prep the dish in the mid-morning when things are relatively calm. Then, after we come back home from church with our hearts full and stomachs empty, we have an amazing dinner awaiting us.
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Brisket Recipe
Trust me, no one will believe how few ingredients this recipe calls for. I think the key is in searing the meat first! I do this with most of my slow cooker meals. The sear helps seal in the juices while lending extra flavor to the sauce. My slow cooker has a stove-top safe crock, but feel free to use a dutch oven for this step if needed.
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp honey dijon
- 1 can condensed beef broth (like Campbell's)
- 1 cup red red wine
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large dutch oven (or a stove-top safe slow cooker crock), drizzle a small amount of olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Generously season the brisket with salt and pepper.
- Lay the brisket down gently in the crock. Cook for 6-7 minutes until you have a nice golden sear. Using tongs (and maybe even a spatula), gently flip the brisket. Sear the other side. Remove from heat.
- Place the brisket along with the drippings in the slow cooker crock. Stir in the honey dijon, red wine, and broth.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on LOW.
- Remove the brisket from the slow cooker and tent to keep warm.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with equal parts water. Pour into the sauce remaining in the slow cooker. Turn the heat up to high. Cook until bubbling or slightly thickened, about thirty minutes.
- Slice the brisket and serve with the gravy.
Home Chef Tip: Searing is optional, but I highly recommend it prior to slow cooking for 8 hours!
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Recipe and Entertaining boards!
We hope you enjoy this 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Brisket recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Katie from Forks and Folly, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Slow Cooker section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!