5 Healthy Drink Recipes for the New Year!
The new year is quickly approaching and most of us try to start the new year on a healthier eating routine. Most people find it hardest to get in all of the daily recommended servings of fruits and vegetables, but it really isn’t that difficult at all. Have you ever tried juicing? You can easily pack in those fruits and veggies and drink them up before you begin your busy day. To help you out, we’re sharing 5 healthy drink recipes that are not only delicious, but they are nutritious too!
- This Purple Veggie Smoothie from Stephanie at Dancing in the Rain is a fun way to sneak veggies into a smoothie because the fruit covers up the color and taste of the vegetables. This one works great if you’re trying to get the kids to eat their spinach!
- There are tons of green smoothies out there to choose from, but we think you’ll like this Apple and Kale Sweet Green Smoothie recipe from Marisa at The Penny Wise Mama a lot!
- Another Green Breakfast Juice we’re sure you’ll enjoy is this juice recipe from Renee at the Little Earthling Blog. This juice is a little higher in natural sugars, but it’s definitely offset by the high content of kale.
- This Peach and Carrot Juice is considerably higher in fruits than it is vegetables, but it’s a super way to get your picky little eaters to get their daily intake of carrots.
- This recipe is a little bit different, and we like it! Don’t have time to juice in the mornings? Not a problem with this Green Smoothies Ice Cubes recipe from Liz at Am I a Funny Girl?. Make smoothies the night before and simply freeze them in an ice cube tray overnight so they’re ready for you in the morning. Brilliant!
We hope you all have a fantastic 2015 and we hope you enjoyed these healthy drink recipes. If you love these recipe ideas, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. And for daily recipe updates, like us on Facebook, follow along on Twitter, and stop by our Google+ Community to see the recipes our community members are sharing. Happy New Year!