5 Healthy Appetizers for the Big Game
The big game calls for game day food, but what do you do if you’re trying to eat healthier these days? Snacking doesn’t have to be unhealthy and it’s actually quite simple to fill your game day table with healthy appetizers that taste great. If you need some help coming up with healthy appetizers, these 5 recipes are sure to get you off to a great start.
- Hummus is a great game day food that’s packed with protein. It’s very versatile because you can serve it with chips, vegetables, baguettes, or just about anything you’d like. This Hummus without Tahini is sure to be a game day win.
- Show off your homemade skills for the big game with this delicious spread. Avocado and Edamame Spread is perfect for dipping pita chips or vegetables. This healthy spread will have your guests coming back for seconds.
- Spice up your healthy appetizer table with this Pick Your Heat Salsa. This recipe is customizable so you can serve it up as hot or as mild as you and your guests like.
- If you’re looking for a simple and affordable snack to leave out in bulk, Roasted Chickpeas are a great snacking option. A whole batch only costs about $1.00 to make and they take so little time to make that you’ll want to cook up a whole bunch.
- Having Homemade Guacamole around during your big game party is a super idea. It can be served as a dip for chips, but it can also be used to top burgers, tacos, chicken, and more.
We hope you have enjoyed these 5 healthy appetizers and we hope these recipes will help enhance your game day table. If you loved these recipe ideas, check out our other appetizer recipes for more inspiration. You can find more healthy appetizers by joining in on the conversation in our Google+ Community where our members share new recipes every day. Enjoy the game!