Want to boost your Serotonin levels, improve your mood, and promote healthy sleeping habits? Here is a list of 5 foods that can boost your serotonin that you should be eating regularly.
Serotonin is believed to act as a mood stabilizer. It’s said to help promote healthy sleeping patterns as well as improve your overall mood. Did you know that many foods can boost serotonin levels naturally and can actually improve your state of mind? Here are 5 foods you should be eating regularly to help boost your serotonin levels.
- Eggs – The brain needs B vitamins to make neurotransmitters that deliver a calming effect and serotonin. Eggs are vitamin B rich.
- Flax Seeds – As well as being great for fat loss, flaxseeds are a great food to help raise serotonin levels because they contain both tryptophan and high levels of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Wild Fish and Seafood – Fatty fish like wild salmon and sardines are rich in oils containing the essential fats EPA and DHA. These fats are said to raise serotonin levels.
- Turkey – You ever wonder why we are all tired after our Thanksgiving meal? Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that is present in turkey. It promotes healthy sleeping habits which raises serotonin levels.
- Cheese – Another example of a protein source with good amounts of tryptophan. Try eating a few cubes with a warm glass of tea prior to bed.
We hope you find this list of 5 Foods That Could Boost Your Serotonin helpful in your quest for a happier and healthier you. For more posts to help you with your active and healthy lifestyle, visit our Food and Fitness Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a healthy recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.