You will actually love these 5 Cucumber Health Benefits. Cucumbers offer rehydrating and detoxification properties, they aid in weight loss and constipation, and they supply your system with many vitamins and minerals.
Cucumbers are nutrient rich and so good for you. Cucumbers are known to be a superfood and are the fourth most cultivated vegetable in the world.
5 Cucumber Health Benefits
- Relieve Constipation – Cucumbers are 98% water. The fiber in cucumbers helps with digestion and the seeds are a diuretic. The high water content in cucumbers can rid the body of toxins from the digestive system, aiding in digestion.
- Fight Inflammation – Cucumbers can help lower the inflammatory response in the body. They contain polyphenols called lignans which studies show can reduce the risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases.
- Weight Loss – Cucumbers are low in calories containing only 16 calories per cup. The skin contains insoluble fiber that helps with elimination.
- Healthy Skin – Cucumbers are known to have an anti-aging compound that you will find in cosmetics. Place chilled cucumbers under your eyes to remove puffiness. The photochemical in cucumbers makes the collagen in your skin tighten.
- Stay Hydrated – Since cucumbers are 98% water, snacking on them throughout the day helps to keep you hydrated.
Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy cucumbers!
- Cucumber Veggie Boats – Tuna Salad with peas, green peppers, carrots, and yellow squash noodles is served in a fun edible Cucumber Veggie Boat. There’s no fork required for this lunch idea!
- Serrano Cucumber Margarita – You’re going to love this refreshing Serrano Cucumber Margarita recipe. This tequila-based cocktail gets its amazing flavor from fresh cucumber, lemon, lime, and fiery Serrano peppers.
- Spiralized Cucumber and Zucchini Bowl – This Spiralized Sesame Cucumber and Zucchini Bowl is loaded with fresh cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, strawberries, garbanzo beans, and parsley. Topped with an oil and vinegar based dressing, this is one healthy meal!
We hope you found this information on 5 Cucumber Health Benefits helpful and we hope you love the recipe suggestions. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Healthy Food Tips Section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.