This 30-Minute Skillet Gluten-Free Lasagna recipe will make busy weeknights much simpler! This budget-friendly meal is made in one pan and delivers all of the hearty deliciousness of traditional lasagna.
30-Minute Skillet Gluten-Free Lasagna Recipe
This 30-Minute Skillet Gluten-Free Lasagna recipe will make your weeknights so much easier! The last thing I want to do when I come home from work at night is stress about what to make for dinner. I’m also usually starving by the time I get home, so making a budget-friendly meal in 30 minutes or less is key!
The key to preparing this recipe is that you need a deep skillet. No small frying pans welcome here! Also, if you want a little more flavor then I would swap the ground turkey for ground beef. If you love your cheese like me, feel free to add a little extra mozzarella and a few extra dollops of ricotta. I’ve included a few helpful tips below!
Tips and Tricks:
- It’s so so important to leave the skillet covered while the pasta cooks! Only remove lid to stir the pasta every five minutes or so.
- You also want to make sure that all of the pasta shells are submerged in the sauce to ensure even cooking. It helps to use a spatula to press the noodles into the sauce.
- Freshly grated parmesan makes a huge difference!
- Check the seasoning before you add your ricotta cheese.
- Obviously it’ll add some nice color to your skillet lasagna if you use fresh herbs instead of dry herbs, but I didn’t have any on hand at the time.
- This is also a great make-ahead recipe! It’s so easy to make a big batch and freeze individual portions for lunch or dinner.
- 1-28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1-8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian herbs
- 8 oz of brown rice fusilli pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Pour can of diced tomatoes (with juices) into a 1-quart liquid measuring cup. Add water until the mixture measures 4 cups. Stir in tomato sauce and sugar; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to coat pan. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for 30 seconds. Add ground beef or ground turkey and cook until done. Drain grease, season meat with garlic salt and pepper, to taste, and stir in 1 tablespoon of dried Italian herbs.
- Scatter pasta over meat and pour tomato mixture over pasta without stirring. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, covered, stirring every 5 minutes. Cook until pasta is tender, for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more garlic salt, pepper, and/or sugar, if necessary. Remove from heat and dollop heaping tablespoons of ricotta all over surface of pasta mixture. Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining fresh herbs and Parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: You want to make sure that all of the pasta shells are submerged in the sauce to ensure even cooking. It helps to use a spatula to press the noodles into the sauce.
We hope you love this 30-Minute Skillet Gluten-Free Lasagna recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Nicole from The Cult of She, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our One Pan Meals section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!