Looking for a unique yet simple casserole to enjoy? This 30-Minute Sausage Cranberry Stuffing is a family favorite that is delicious as a holiday side dish, but filling enough to be a comforting weeknight dinner served with a side salad.
A simple casserole in 30 minutes!
You can make this Sausage Cranberry Stuffing with just a few common grocery and cupboard ingredients. This stuffing will impress your friends and family! It is nearly as simple as boxed stuffing, but way more delicious, savory, and filling!
Tips for making this Sausage Cranberry Stuffing:
For this Sausage Cranberry Stuffing recipe, you can use any type of boxed stuffing you like, but I recommend a traditional sage flavor. For the sausage, I like using sage flavored sausage as well. The diced celery, onions, and dried cranberries add a wonderful array of flavors with the perfect crunch and chewiness in all the right ways! Feel free to adjust the amount of these ingredients to your liking. If you like more crunch, increase the celery. If you like more sweetness, add more cranberries.
- 2 6-oz boxes traditional sage flavored stuffing
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 16-oz sage seasoned pork sausage
- 1/2-2/3 cup celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Add your sausage and onions to a pan.
- Cook your sausage and onions over medium heat until meat is brown.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook your stuffing per box instructions. Place 3 cups water in a pot on medium to high heat. Once water is boiling, add in stuffing, stir in, and fluff with fork.
- Add the celery, dried cranberries, and sausage and onion mixture to the stuffing pot.
- Toss together to mix ingredients.
- Place mixture in a standard size Pyrex and bake for 12-15 minutes on 375ºF
Home Chef Tip: This stuffing is the perfect addition to a holiday meal but also delicious as the main course served with your favorite salad or greens.
We hope this recipe provides a simple “go-to” dish your friends will look forward to you bringing to a special occasion for years to come! Thanks to the variety of flavors, textures, and ingredients, it will leave you wanting more! We won’t tell them that it is actually much simpler made than it tastes!
We hope you love this 30-Minute Sausage Cranberry Stuffing from SoFabFood Home Chef, Stefanie from Simple Acres. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our 30-Minute Meals Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!