Baking these Cranberry Orange Tarts is super simple. While your puff pastry is baking, you cook your cranberries on the stove which makes this a less than 30 minute delicious dessert from start to finish.
The one thing that I love about winter is the fact that I can buy a pound of cranberries for .99 cents! I love buying seasonal produce and fruit and then using them in my baking and cooking. It’s a great way to get the freshest ingredients into your foods.
Cranberry and orange is one of those combinations that just screams winter! It’s strange because I would have never eaten cranberries as a kid, but as an adult, I can not get enough. I even buy bags of them and keep them in my freezer just so I can have them all year long for smoothies and these tarts of course.
Baking these tarts is super simple because while your puff pastry is baking, you cook your cranberries on the stove, which makes this a less than 30 minute dessert from start to finish and you can’t beat that.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Roll out pastry and cut into 12 equal pieces. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add cranberries, orange juice, water, and sugar to medium size pan. Allow to boil on medium for 10 minutes or until cranberries are soft.
- When puff pastry is done. Spoon cranberries equally over each tart.
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- Mix in small bowl powdered sugar, milk, and zest. Drizzle over tart.
- Serve and ENJOY!
This recipe is pretty easy to change up if you want to make them bite sized or make a whole tart; either way you will love the orange flavor that comes screaming through the glaze and the tartness of the cranberries in the sauce. ENJOY!
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe for Cranberry Orange Tarts from SoFabFood Contributor, Nancy from The Bitter Side of Sweet, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple dessert idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!