Feeling bloated and lethargic? Add more fiber into your daily diet. Find out how and why introducing Psyllium Husk into your diet can help you combat five common health issues that can now be a thing of the past!
Psyllium Husk is an extract from the gel-coated seeds of the Plantago Ovata plant. High in fibre and able to soak up more than its weight in fluid, Psyllium Husk is one of the best sources of soluble and insoluble dietary fiber.
The Many Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk:
- If you’re feeling bloated, combine one tablespoon of psyllium husk powder with water and drink, followed by another glass of plain water. This stimulates the intestines to contract and helps the passage of stool through the digestive tract.
- Use to help lower cholesterol to promote heart health. Studies have shown that just seven grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium is beneficial for your heart.
- Taking psyllium husk daily supports the probiotic bacteria in your gut. Probiotics make your digestive tract healthy. This can have a tremendous effect on your health as 80% of your immune system is dependent on your gut.
- Psyllium Husks are beneficial for people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disorder, and many other bowel conditions. Consult your physician to see how you can include this in your diet to comply with your other doctor-recommended treatments.
- Drinking a glass of water with psyllium can help with your weight management. It will make you feel fuller longer and reduce hunger pains.
How to Consume Psyllium Husk:
The easiest way is to fill a glass with water, add one teaspoon of Psyllium Husk, stir, and drink quickly. The Psyllium will swell very fast and get thick. If you don’t drink it quickly enough, add more water, stir, and drink. You can drink this one to three times per day. Always be sure to drink a full glass of plain water before or after the psyllium drink to ensure a smooth flow. You will be amazed at the results!
We hope you found this information about adding fiber into your diet by using Psyllium Husk Powder informative and we encourage you to drink this regularly to reap its many health benefits. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Food and Fitness section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.