This Spinach Mushroom Veggie Lasagna is a delightful one-pan dish that’s lower in sodium and fat than traditional lasagna recipes. Packed with veggies, cheese, and homemade marinara, this is a simple family meal everyone will love!
Spinach Mushroom Veggie Lasagna Recipe
If you’re looking for a meatless dish that’s simple to make, totally satisfying, and amazingly delicious, look no further than this simple Spinach Mushroom Veggie Lasagna recipe. Packed with our homemade Heart-Healthy Marinara Sauce, cheese, fresh mushrooms, spinach, and red bell peppers, this delightful dish can be ready in about 30 minutes as long as you prepare the sauce ahead of time. This is a healthier and lighter twist on a traditional Italian favorite that we’re sure you’re going to love!
This recipe is not without sodium, but one reasonably-sized piece contains about 110 grams of sodium as long as the recipe, sauce and all, is followed exactly, while a traditional piece of meaty lasagna with jarred sauce boasts approximately 750 grams of sodium. As long as you carefully watch your sodium intake throughout the day, this meal should fit nicely into a heart-healthy diet. Even if you aren’t following any dietary restrictions, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how fresh, hearty, and flavorful this veggie lasagna really is! Paired with a side salad, this is a healthy and satisfying meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups homemade heart-healthy marinara sauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- In a mixing bowl, mix ricotta cheese and about 2 tablespoons of sauce; just enough to make the cheese a little easier to work with. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In an 5"x9" clear baking dish, spread a small amount of marinara on the bottom; just enough to cover.
- Lay one oven-ready lasagna noodle over the sauce; the oven-ready noodle will expand as it cooks.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over the noodle and add half of the chopped spinach, sliced mushrooms, and peppers.
- Spread ricotta mixture over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the mozzarella over the ricotta.
- Cover with the remaining vegetables and then another layer of sauce.
- Lay the remaining lasagna noodle on top, cover with sauce, remaining mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until the top layer of cheese is bubbly and browned slightly.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Lasagna can be prepared the night before and stored in the refrigerator then cooked the next night to make this an easy 30-minute meal on a busy weeknight.
We hope you love this recipe for Heart-Healthy Spinach Mushroom Veggie Lasagna as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our other Lower Sodium Recipes for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!