Hold the heavy mayo and enjoy a lighter side dish when you make this Skinny Mustard Potato Salad recipe. More flavorful and delicious than traditional potato salad with way less calories.
Potato salad is a great side dish that compliments so many entrées, but since traditional recipes are so high in carbs, fat, and calories, we often skip enjoying one of our favorite sides. Although you can never ditch the carbs when eating any potato recipe, you can easily lower the fat and calorie count significantly without sacrificing the taste you love. Hold the mayo and enjoy a creamy and delicious, hearty side salad when you make this Skinny Mustard Potato Salad instead of the traditional potato salad you typically make.
- 4 medium potatoes (approximately 1½ pounds)
- ⅔ cup light sour cream
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1" cubes. In a covered saucepan, boil potatoes in enough water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream, mustard, vinegar, pepper, and chopped vegetables until combined. Add in cooled potatoes and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving.
If you love this simple and delicious Skinny Mustard Potato Salad recipe, be sure to visit our Salads Section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!