Tips for hosting the perfect picnic and an Avocado Sandwich Spread Recipe
With springtime comes warmer weather and our desire to get outdoors more often to enjoy time with the family. Since picnics are typically held away from home, it’s important to be prepared for the day. Serving up a delicious and healthy lunch while you’re out for a day at play is a great way to celebrate the outdoors. We have some tips to help you make the most of your picnic and a healthy Jimmy John’s Knockoff Avocado Sandwich Spread to help you make the perfect sandwiches for your picnic lunch.
Tips for a Successful Picnic
Being prepared for your picnic is your #1 priority because if everything is there, it takes the stress out of your day which is what a family outing is all about. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your stress-free day of fun:
- Keep things simple! Serving sandwiches is a great idea because you can pack along everyone’s favorites. Bread, lunch meats, cheeses, and even Peanut Butter and Jelly to satisfy the picky little ones are all you really need.
- Have the right gear! Make sure you have the right cooler or picnic basket to keep your food items fresh for the day. We love this Picnic Basket from Target because it’s also a cooler and it comes filled with some of the items you’ll need for your picnic. Also be sure to have disposable caddies for utensils and napkins, as well as plates and disposable serving bowls.
- Bring healthy sides! Don’t worry yourself with potato and macaroni salads. Instead, pack a bag of corn tortilla chips and store fresh fruit in Mason Jars in your cooler for easy snacking.
- Don’t forget the blanket! You can find portable picnic blankets at most retailers that are quite affordable and they’re great to lay out for your family to sit on while enjoying your lunch together.
- Give your sandwiches a healthy boost! Instead of slathering your sandwiches in mayo, give that ham or turkey sandwich a healthy and delicious boost by brining along some Jimmy John’s Knockoff Avocado Spread instead. If you’re worried about the spread turning brown before lunchtime, don’t be. We’ve got a Kitchen Hack to help you out with that.
- ½ jalapeno
- ½ small onion
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 medium-sized avocados
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Blend pepper, onion, garlic, tomato, and dry mustard in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Smash avocado and lime in a bowl with a fork.
- Hand mix avocado mixture with above blended ingredients.
- Use immediately or store in an air-tight container on ice until you're ready to spread it on your sandwich.
- Enjoy your picnic!
We hope these picnic tips and tricks help you enjoy a stress-free and fun picnic season this year. If you love this Avocado Sandwich Spread recipe and helpful picnic tips, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a thing. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!