Use those holiday leftovers to make this simple and satisfying Heart Healthy Turkey Fiesta Soup. Packed with turkey, beans, corn, tomatoes, and a spicy flavor, this recipe gives those tired leftovers new life!
Heart Healthy Turkey Fiesta Soup using Leftovers
If you’re like the rest of us, you’ll probably have plenty of leftover turkey coming out of every corner of your refrigerator this holiday season. Want to give that tired old turkey a new twist? This Heart Healthy Turkey Fiesta Soup (taco soup) is simple to make and no one will complain about eating leftovers again! Very low in sodium, this soup takes about 10 minutes to prepare and you can let it simmer in the slow cooker throughout the day to let the flavors combine or you can cook it on the stove top for an even quicker meal that your family will love. Ditch the turkey sandwiches and traditional turkey noodle soup because leftovers have never tasted this good!
Serve this soup with some corn tortilla chips for a fulfilling meal packed with protein and vegetables. This incredibly simple dish gives those leftovers a completely new and spicy twist that your family will love.
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste
- 1-4 oz can diced chilis
- 1 can no salt added corn (or you can just use your leftover corn from Thanksgiving)
- 1 can no salt added black beans
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning Mix
- Pour the vegetable broth and tomato paste in to the Crock Pot and stir until blended.
- Mix in the seasoning.
- Add all of the canned vegetables and stir.
- Pour in the turkey and stir.
- Simmer on low setting for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
Home Chef Tip: If you need a quick meal, you can easily prepare this on the stove top. Use a large pot, add all of the ingredients, simmer on medium-high for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
We hope you love this Heart Healthy Turkey Fiesta Soup using Leftovers recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Slow Cooker section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!