6 Healthy Salad and Side Dish Recipes Perfect for Your Spring Menu Plan!
When spring rolls around, we all try to lighten our dinner menus using fresh, in-season vegetables as the basis for many of our meals. If you’re on the hunt for deliciously satisfying light menu items to pair with your main course for dinner, we think you’ll love these 6 healthy salads and side dishes. Harness the flavors of spring and enhance that grilled fish or chicken with any one of these recipes, and your family will leave the table smiling and satisfied.
- This Ginger Curried Vegetables recipe is about as simple as side dishes get. It’s so fresh and delicious, flavorful and exotic, and it only takes 15 minutes to make. Pair this with fish for a meal that’s packed with protein and nutritious vegetables.
- Serve this Sesame Chicken Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing in large portions by itself for dinner paired with some bread or in smaller portions alongside your favorite Asian dish. Grilled chicken, dried cranberries, crunchy lo-mein noodles, all served over fresh greens and drizzled with a delicious Honey Sesame Dressing.
- What we love most about this Tomato and Asparagus Salad is that it features such a variety of tastes and textures while utilizing the best of the season’s flavors and fresh ingredients. This salad would pair beautifully with some seasoned grilled chicken.
- If you’ve never tasted a Vietnamese egg roll (Chả Giò), you’re in for a treat. The wrapper is thin, light, and crispy. The filling is usually comprised of pork and shrimp with noodles and mushrooms. This is not the typically greasy egg roll you’re used to, it’s much healthier and very delicious!
- If you love those Greek salads you get at your favorite restaurant, you’re going to love this recipe for Greek Salad and Dressing. All of the fresh flavors of spring with a Greek twist make this a salad you won’t be able to resist.
- If your family is the type that absolutely has to have bread with each meal, consider serving up this Easy Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Quick Bread with dinner. This bread can be table-ready in about 30 minutes and it enhances any meal with its amazing flavor combination.
We hope you enjoy the flavors of spring with these 6 healthy salads and side dishes as much as we do. If you enjoyed these healthy meal enhancers, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!