Never waste a farm fresh egg again once you learn this Kitchen Hack. When you know How to Tell if an Egg is Raw or Hard Boiled you’ll never have another unfortunate kitchen fail again.
Kitchen Hack: How to Tell if an Egg is Raw or Hard Boiled
Sometimes you make a batch of Hardboiled Eggs and you add them back into the egg carton, then it happens, you have no clue if the egg is raw or cooked. You don’t want to start cracking to determine which is which and you don’t have to. This tip will help you easily determine how to figure out which eggs are raw and which are hard boiled.
Hardboiled eggs are great to have in the refrigerator for a quick, healthy snack. They are a great source of natural protein and contain many necessary vitamins and nutrients we need to stay healthy. You also can’t resist how delicious these Festive Deviled Egg Recipes.
A large hard boiled egg contains:
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA
- Folate: 5% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA
- Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA
- Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA
Here is a quick kitchen hack for you!
A simple method to determine if an egg is raw or hard boiled:
- Simply spin the egg with your fingers and thumb.
- Gently slow the egg’s rotation with your finger tip, but don’t stop it completely.
- If the egg remains still, it is raw.
- If the egg continues to spin, it is hard boiled.
Here is a cute video demonstrating this tip that we think you will enjoy.
If you enjoyed this helpful tip, be sure to check out all of our other Kitchen Hacks. We share a tip every Tuesday so be sure to come back weekly. Happy cooking!