Craving a salty snack, but want to keep things on the healthier side? Skip store-bought chips in favor of this kitchen hack for fast and easy Low Fat Microwave Potato Chips instead.
Kitchen Hack for Low Fat Microwave Potato Chips
When you want to snack smarter it can be difficult to find healthier options that still satisfy your cravings. This kitchen hack for Low Fat Microwave Potato Chips is a great way to get the crunchy texture you love of a classic chip without all of the fat and calories you’d get with store-bought chips. These are great to make for a late night snack at home, if you live in tight quarters like a dorm room, or even while on vacation in a hotel room. The best part is you can flavor these Low Fat Microwave Potato Chips any way you like!
- 1 large bakers potato
- Cooking spray
- Seasoning of your choice
- Carefully slice your potato very thin with a sharp knife.
- Soak slices in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray a large microwave-safe plate with cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes in a single layer on the plate, lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with desired spices, then flip.
- Spray other side of potatoes, sprinkle with spices.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Flip chips and microwave another 2-3 minutes. Times vary depending on your microwave.
- Watch for them to turn a light brown.
- Remove from microwave, enjoy immediately.
Home Chef Tip: Use a mandolin or spiralizer to get very this slices. Most spiralizers have a mandolin-like blade.
Looking for more healthy chip options? Here are more of our favorites!
- Get this five-star, easy-to-follow Homemade Black Pepper Potato Chips Recipe! You will never buy store-bought potato chips again.
- These Baked Sweet Potato Chips are simple to make, low in sodium, and the sweet and spicy flavor combination is amazing. Make these in large batches and store them in zipper bags to help with your snacking portion control.
- Another Baked Sweet Potato Chip Recipe – These guilt-free potato chips are easily baked in the oven or your food dehydrator. Cook them nice and slow, add your spices, and you are good to go.
We hope you love these quick and simple Low Fat Microwave Potato Chips as much as we do. If you like this simple idea, be sure to find more like it in our Kitchen Hack section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe or Kitchen Hack again. Enjoy!