Learn how to make Homemade Salmon Dog and Cat Food. Freeze portions and take out each morning for a very healthy breakfast for your pets. They’ll love the flavor and you’ll love that you’re feeding them an all natural meal!
Homemade Salmon Dog and Cat Food
Have you tried making your own dog or cat food at home? Many folks live a sustainable lifestyle and love making their own Homemade Salmon Dog and Cat Food. It gives you such a wonderful feeling to create healthy meals or treats for your pets. The thing we love about this is knowing that we’re serving an all-natural meal to our furry friends.
The benefits of salmon for your pets:
Salmon oil lubricates the skin and helps maintain a glossy, healthy coat, and strong teeth and nails. It also is very important for joint health and studies have shown it to ward off arthritis.
- 1½ cups Brown Rice
- 16 ounce Frozen Green Peas
- 2 Carrots
- 14.75 ounce Canned Salmon (packed in oil)
- 2 tbsp Flax Seed
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Chives, chopped
- Make a large batch of brown rice per package instructions.
- When cooled, mix all ingredients together.
- Place individual cups into freezer bags and freeze until ready to use.
- Place individual servings in microwave to thaw before feeding to your pets.
We hope your pets love this Homemade Salmon Dog and Cat Food as much as ours do. Stay tuned for more recipes to help your four-legged friends enjoy a happy and healthy life. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!