These Grilled Salmon Skewers with Honey Mustard are tender, flaky, and sweet. The glaze helps the salmon brown and gives it a bit of caramelization. Your family will absolutely love this awesome recipe!
It’s hard to believe that summer will be wrapping up soon and we’ll have to think about back to school. That’s why I am trying to soak up every last second of warm weather. We are grilling like crazy here and these Grilled Salmon Skewers with Honey Mustard is one of our favorite recipes. We make this all winter long in the oven too. It’s that good.
You won’t believe how simple these Grilled Salmon Skewers with Honey Mustard are. The glaze has only three ingredients that are pantry staples so you can easily whip this up. Keep some frozen salmon at the ready and you can make this any night of the week. It makes for super healthy leftovers too, so make an extra batch. I eat it for lunches with quinoa and greens or I put it on a salad.
Grilling meat on skewers can be a bit tricky so I have some tips to guide you through the process…
- Cut the salmon into equal-sized pieces.
- Use similarly sized tomatoes; the big ones gave me trouble because they caused the salmon beside them to sit up away from the grill.
- Use a paper towel dipped in oil to grease the grates of the grill.
- Do not baste with the sweet glaze until the salmon is almost fully cooked, otherwise, the glaze will cause the salmon to burn.
- Soak your wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to loading them up with the ingredients and grilling.
So get out there and enjoy every last second of summer’s goodness while you make these fantastic Grilled Salmon Skewers!
These Grilled Salmon Skewers with Honey Mustard are tender, flaky, and sweet. The glaze helps the salmon brown and gives it a bit of caramelization. This will quickly become a family favorite!
- 1 1/2 pounds of salmon fillets, cut into equal sized cubes
- 1 pint multi-colored grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced small
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh dill for garnish
- wooden skewers
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Assemble skewers alternating salmon cubes and tomatoes.
- Brush skewers with olive oil then salt and pepper.
- Using a paper towel dipped in oil, grease the grates of the grill.
- Mix the mustard, honey, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Place salmon skewers on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side.
- After they are almost cooked through, generously baste them with the mustard sauce and cook for another 1 minute per side.
- Remove from grill and garnish with fresh dill or parsley.
Home Chef Tip: This salmon can easily be prepared in the oven, not skewered. Just baste it with the glaze and bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes.
We hope you love these Grilled Salmon Skewers with Honey Mustard from SoFabFood Contributor, Karen from Seasonal Cravings, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Outdoor Grilling Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!