You can’t beat the fresh taste of ripe summer tomatoes. These grilled cherry tomato toasts are the perfect solution for creating an easy grilled appetizer for your summer meals or entertaining. The vibrant colors of the grilled cherry tomato skewers, combined with your favorite soft cheese, fig jam, and roasted garlic creates an interesting and simply scrumptious topping for a piece of toast.
The grilled tomato skewers would also make a brilliant side dish or tasty addition to a summer salad. If you are a fan of zucchini, you can slice some smaller zucchini and add to the skewers, too. The two flavors pair nicely on the toast.
- Bamboo skewers
- Cherry tomatoes (approximately 6 per skewer)
- 1 loaf of artisan bread
- Olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- Fig jam (optional)
- Soft, spreadable cheeses (feta, brie, etc.)
- Place garlic cloves in a piece of foil wrap with a splash of olive oil. Seal and place on grill at top, turning frequently to prevent burning.
- Put the cherry tomatoes onto the bamboo skewers. Brush with olive oil.
- Slice the bread and lightly brush with olive oil. Place bread slices at the top of the grill to warm.
- Place the tomato skewers on the hot grill and let them cook for a few minutes. Rotate to cook all sides evenly. Once they start to blister they are done. Remove from grill.
- Set out cheeses and fig jam. Allow guests to build their own toasts with the cheeses, jam, garlic, and tomatoes.
If you are using wood skewers, it is a good idea to soak them in water for a few hours prior to adding the tomatoes and grilling. Wet skewers won’t catch on fire on the grill. If you don’t have a grill or if the weather isn’t cooperating, you can make these grilled cherry tomatoes in a pan on the stove with similar results.
Take advantage of the warmer weather and grill the whole meal outside. This appetizer is completely made on the grill and a great addition to any meal or party appetizer table.
We hope you love this Grilled Cherry Tomato Toast recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Bella from xoxoBella, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to visit our Appetizer Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!