If you love Chicken Cordon Bleu, but hate all of the fuss, you’re going to love the amazing taste and simplicity of this all-star recipe for Ground Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers: A 30-Minute Meal
These Ground Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers make an amazingly delicious weeknight meal. Ready in about 30 minutes, each bite offers a flavor combination that will delight the palate. This is a juicy and flavorful burger made with lean ground chicken with a delightful layer of Canadian Bacon and Swiss Cheese in the middle. Serve topped with dijon mustard, spinach leaves, and tomato on a whole wheat bun for a quick dinner that’s nothing short of fabulous!
Place lean ground chicken in a large mixing bowl, add dijon mustard, softened jalapeño cream cheese, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic, and bread crumbs or crackers.
Mix to combine. The mixture will be sticky as shown, but this ensures you get moist, juicy burgers!
Make one thin patty, place it in a stovetop pan in a little olive oil, then top with a slice or two of Canadian Bacon and Swiss Cheese.
Make another thin patty, place it on top of your filling, and crimp the sides to close completely; similar to making a ravioli. That’s really important because you don’t want the cheese to ooze out!
These burgers are great grilled or just fried on the stovetop, but the secret to making these burgers so juicy is steam. Heat the pan over medium-low heat, pour a couple of tablespoons of water on top of the burger, and cover to fry and steam at the same time. The burger itself will be moist and delicious and this method allows the cheese to melt completely in the center during the cooking process. Just cook for 10 minutes, flip, add a little more water, replace the cover, and cook on the other side for 10 minutes for a brown and juicy burger with a flavor that everyone will love!
- 3 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or crumbled crackers
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp jalapeño cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 4 slices Canadian Bacon
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- Olive oil and water for cooking
- 4 whole wheat buns for serving, optional
- Spinach leaves for serving, optional
- Sliced tomatoes for serving, optional
- Place ground chicken in a large mixing bowl, add bread crumbs, dijon mustard, Worcestershire, garlic seasoning blend, and softened cream cheese. Mix to blend well.
- Separate ground chicken mixture into 8 equal balls. Make thin patties with each.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and place one of the patties in the pan.
- Top patty with a slice of Canadian Bacon and a slice of Swiss Cheese.
- Top with another patty and crimp sides thoroughly to close; similar to a ravioli.
- Pour a tablespoon or two of water on top of the patty, cover, and cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until browned.
- Flip burger, add another tablespoon of water, replace the cover, and continue to heat for about 10 more minutes; until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and serve on a whole wheat bun topped with dijon mustard, spinach leaves, and tomato slices.
- Enjoy the deliciousness!
We hope you love these Ground Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals Section for more recipes like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!