Combine the fresh flavors of summer when you make this refreshing Cherry Lemonade Gin Fizz Cocktail using fresh lemons, cherries, gin, and tonic water. A traditional gin and tonic with your favorite flavors of summer!
Cherry Lemonade Gin Fizz: A grownup summer refresher
This grown up refresher is perfect for sipping on your back porch, relaxing on a warm summer evening. The flavors of freshly made Cherry Lemonade get a grownup twist when you add a little gin and tonic to make this refreshing and delicious Cherry Lemonade Gin Fizz Cocktail. This is a fruity version of the traditional Gin and Tonic that we know you’re going to love. A sweet mixture of cherry simple syrup and freshly squeezed lemon juice get a zesty and bubbly boost by adding the adult flavors of gin and tonic water.
This is a great outdoor party drink for the grownups because it’s simple to make a huge batch of Cherry Lemonade in advance to keep on ice or in the refrigerator, then just add in the tonic water and gin when someone asks for a fresh drink. The added bubbles from the tonic water make this drink seem a little fancy, but it’s super simple to make in minutes! The drink is equally as delicious using different seasonal berries in the simple syrup like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or anything you have on hand.
Home Chef Tip: To prepare for a large group attending a party, make cherry lemonade in advance in a large batch and keep on ice or in the refrigerator. When you're ready to make individual cocktails, use 2 ounces of the lemonade in place of the lemon juice and cherry simple syrup.
- 1 oz cherry simple syrup
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 oz gin
- Diet tonic water to top off
- Cherries and lemon slices for garnish, optional
- A splash of Grenadine for added color, optional
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cherries
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Pour the cherry simple syrup and lemon juice into the glass.
- Top with diet tonic water.
- Add a splash of Grenadine to add a little more color, optional.
- Garnish with fresh cherries and a lemon slice, optional.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 cup water and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add 1 cup cherries cut in half, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until cherries break down; about 4-5 minutes.
- Strain juice, pour into a pitcher, set aside, and let cool.
We hope you love this Cherry Lemonade Gin Fizz Cocktail recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to find more like it in our Cocktails section and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Message intended for our readers 21+ only. Please drink responsibly!