Celebrate Meatless Monday and fool the meat lovers in your life with this truly hearty and Heart-Healthy Vegan Chili Recipe. Packed full of protein and vegetables, this chili is sure to be a huge hit in your household!
Heart-Healthy and Hearty Vegan Chili Recipe
If you’re looking for a hearty dish for Meatless Monday that will satisfy even the meat lovers in your life, look no further than this Heart-Healthy and Hearty Vegan Chili recipe. Simple to make and bursting with the flavors and textures of traditional chili, this delicious dish is a protein-packed meal that’s sure to please. The lowered sodium content of the recipe makes it a heart-healthy alternative to traditional chili recipes.
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights because it can be made up quickly and cooked on the stovetop in about 40 minutes or simmered all day in your slow cooker. Quick pantry staples make this recipe a cinch and the meat-like texture makes it an authentic chili experience for everyone!
One standard bowl of this vegan chili has 400 mg of sodium while a typical "traditional" chili generally has 1000+ mg of sodium.
- 2 cups MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 1 15.5 oz can no salt added kidney beans with juices
- 1 15-oz can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 10-oz can No Salt Added Ro*Tel® with juices
- 1 7-oz can diced chiles with juices
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp diced garlic (about one clove)
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Pour all wet ingredients in your slow cooker, add in spices, stir.
- Add diced vegetables and crumbles, stir, and cover.
- Simmer on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: To make this chili on the stovetop, brown the crumbles according to package instructions, add all of the others ingredients, stir and simmer for 1/2 to 1 hour.
We hope you love this delightfully flavorful and simple recipe for Heart-Healthy, Hearty Vegan Chili as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Slow Cooker and Vegetarian sections for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!