After one bite of this main-dish, Arugula Citrus Salad, you’ll forget about the cold. Arugula, blood oranges, fresh mint sprigs, avocado, shrimp, wasabi covered almonds, and crumbled bleu cheese pair deliciously with a homemade vinegar based dressing.
Winter vegetables can be just as amazing as their warmer-weather counterparts and this Arugula Citrus Salad is the proof. This salad can be whipped up in no time and served with your favorite dinner roll or a baguette as the main course. Everyone in my family is a big seafood eater and this is one of our favorite recipes. It is so tasty and filling and gets me out of the kitchen and enjoying dinner in a flash. I am all about the easy dinner.
- 4-5 cups arugula
- 3 blood oranges
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into 8 segments
- 1 pound cooked, peeled shrimp
- wasabi covered almonds
- crumbled bleu cheese
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Squeeze the juice from a blood orange into a small bowl.
- Add white vinegar, olive oil, and mustard. Whisk and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Cut the remaining blood oranges in half, crosswise, and then cut away the peel.
- Cut the orange into segments, and set aside.
- Divide arugula on dinner plates and sprinkle each with the leaves of one mint sprig.
- Top each with avocado, blood orange segments, shrimp, and a dash of salt and pepper. Drizzle each with dressing and finish with bleu cheese and almonds.
We hope you love this simple and delicious Arugula Citrus Salad recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Dawn Smith from Not Just a Mommy, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Salads section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!